A random girl's random gymnastics ramblings.

Friday, May 21, 2010

you can't feed a child sheet music. i suppose you could, but they'd be dead in a month.

The hair.

THE HAIR. 

I know I picked on mostly NCAA girls last time, but rest assured, the problem does not solely lay within the collegiate ranks.  It transcends borders.

Case in point:

Nicole Hibbert.

I'm not going to lie.  I teared up a little bit while watching the team final for this year's Euros.  GB was so excited, the commentators were so excited, I was excited.  It was one of the first exciting team finals in a long time, and they absolutely deserved their placement.

But this...


THIS!


I'm a Jew, I have a lot of hair.  So the difficulties involving thick buns are not lost on me (hint: LOTS of pins and scalp pain.) 

It's not the Parkette's cornrows.  They're tacky, but whatever, they work.  They keep hair out of the face, and that is always good.  What kills me is the mile-high bun on top of the head.  Aside from turning a very pretty girl (Hibbert is gorgeous, for the record) into one of my pre-makeover gymnastics barbies, doesn't it also, like, eff with her aerodynamics?  It's like if I tried to vault while wearing one of Lady Gaga's top hats on my head.


It would be significantly harder, I would think.

And that's all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Being from GB I also was massively excited, but what IS that? Does she has that much hair? Can no-one introduce the poor girl to a plait before she buns. And not ON TOP.
    If you watch the BGTV training interview it's also horrendous then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polyis TCOandbannedMay 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM

    I think the Couch potato has this beat covered...

    ReplyDelete
  3. RMAO @ the braids! I love them!

    ReplyDelete